5/24/11

Mason Jar Branch Vases

Why do you want some of these vases?



This is why.  
{photos by my girl, Amber Halversen. She's amazing.  And my babies are cute, too! {gasp!}}

 And this, too.

This, too.

Remember when I posted these a while back when we did Kristine's baby shower?!  I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of how Kadie and I made ours.  Kadie saw the idea on Pinterest {love this place!} and we made our own versions of what we saw.  If you're having a gathering of any kind, these couldn't possibly be easier to make - and they sure do make a huge impact!

Here's how we did ours:

Go out and find--
*Big sticks
*Mason Jars
*Zip Ties - got mine at Home Depot
*Raffia or Twine
Zip the jars onto the sticks nice & tight.  I used some needle nose pliers to help me - but be careful! 


Tie 'em up with raffia, twine, or that thick, satiny ribbon would be pretty, too.


And that's it.  Fill 'em with flowers or whatever makes you feel joyful.

**BE CAREFUL when you stick them into the ground.  You can snap a stick.  Moistening the ground before you stick them in can help - otherwise make sure you dig a small, deep hole for each one and secure them by packing the dirt around the bases really tight.

8 comments:

Laura Caddell said...

I am currently obsessed with mason jars.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! Thanks for sharing the idea and inspiration!

Pinecone Camp said...

Ok, now that is a fabulous use of mason jars. That's one of the cutest things I've seen in awhile!

Anna said...

Stop it with the cuteness!! Totally copying these! -- Anna Marks

Valerie said...

Abby.. these are spectacular!!! I am in love! I want to use this for my Bunko night coming up. Thanks so much for sharing! I filed this at the Crafters File Box.

Enjoy your summer!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm in love with those!! Can't wait to find a reason to make them.

Terri Quite Contrary said...

Oh my goodness, those are way too cute!

W-S Wanderings said...

Okay, first of all, GORGEOUS children there, mama!!! Second of all, I'm swooning over those mason jar creations. I'm envisioning them on our fence posts that line the driveway. Oooooh. Must. do. this. NOW.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Dale said...

This has come full circle. I came here through pictures of your work on pintrest :).

As for the beauties.... WEDDINGS. enough said.