9/12/09

Baby Blankets in Honor of Greyson


To all you creative crafters - this is such a touching story and I'd love to spread the word along! I was sent an email about sweet Greyson's story and I wanted to share it with the rest of you, as well as provide website links for you all to participate. If you're interested in donating blankets, click on Greyson's website link below for address and instructions. Thanks, girls!!!

I am looking for your help. Hospitals all across the country are in need of small, very small, baby blankets. In cases of fetal demise, babies are so tiny, even the smallest nursery blanket is much too big to wrap around their tiny bodies.

I know how parents feel when they are presented with their tiny baby, for the first and last time. Having to deal with a large blanket that doesn't fit, is a distraction. And, unnecessary.

If you can sew or crotchet/knit, would you please help me to supply blankets for these mothers?


what they need:
12" x 12" and 24" x 24" flannel receiving blankets, in small pink, baby blue, white, and yellow prints. Use your best judgement, we don't want the prints of the blankets to detract from very small babies.

The blankets also need to be double layered.

For those who have already jumped in to help and have blankets other than the specifics above, DON'T WORRY! We can still use your blankets.

Again, HERE is Greyson's Website link.

9 comments:

Chelsy@ Sweet Pea Kisses said...

I would love to help, is there somewhere to find out more info? Like where to send the blankets, or do you know? You can email me at chelsyphillips@gmail.com if you have any other info, thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

This totally made me cry! I have had a similar situation. we lost a daughter this way and had to mess with the giant blankets. I love that you are making this known!! I would love to help out!!

Abby said...

Hey there! The links with address and blanket dimensions are in the post - just click on the link to Greyson's website and you'll find all the info you need.

Liz said...

When my daughter was hospitalized at 8 months she was given a quilt to snuggle under. It was wonderful... I'll try to make a few to donate.

Chris and Suzette said...

This is perfect timing! I have a son that turned 7 yesterday. He was 2 months premature and weighed 2 lb 13 oz, and the blankets were WAY too big for him. In fact, I had premature twins that weighed 2 lb 6 oz and 2 lbs 10 oz and they had the same issue. The NICU is dear to my heart when it comes to service projects. 3 of my 4 "miracle" children could have had their little lives ended at birth. My heart aches for the familys of those that did.

I'm anxious to get some little blankets done for this project! I will present this to the RS enrichment leader and set it up as an official project! :) Thanks for the information

Lolly Jane said...

that is so sweet. thank you for all you do- i'm sure it is much appreciated :)

PS: stop by our site for a give-a-way.....

Jen V said...

Hey lady - I gave you an "Honest Scrap Award" because you have totally inspired me and I love all you do! Check my blog for details...

me melodia said...

beautiful blankie.

Julie Harward said...

Hi there...I just found your blog and love it so much! I love your up-beat attitude and your humor and your strength! You have so many great ideas...have you read the Oct. Ensign, p.22 on blogging..so good.
I'm new at this, my daughters have made me learn it..and I'm so glad because I just love it! Meeting "sisters" from all over the world..I have new respect and love for them!
Come say hi(www.circlecliffviews.blogspot.com)