7/16/09

Summery Skirts!

So, um, I'm barely 9 weeks along but I can't fit comfortably into my pants....???? What the? Guess there's more chub on me than I thought FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE. It's summer time and the only comfortable clothes I have are my cookie pants. {scream!!!} I can't wear black cookie pants everywhere because then I'd turn into "Flabby Pregnant Frump Mom" and we all know how socially suicidal that would be. Oh the AGONY.

These women have saved me from unfathomable humiliation and I couldn't be more excited...if only I had more energy, then I'd be ecstatic...

This one here is from Little Birdie Secrets and she got the tutorial here at Altered Cloth. Soft, stretchy knit?! Do you even know how wonderful this looks to me right now?!




This one here is from Make It and Love It and I loved this one so much that I bought the $5.00 pdf pattern from her Etsy store here. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I'm SO ready to make one!







I'm going to finish out my summer in style and darn it, I'm going to be COMFORTABLE!!! {and cute! hehe!}

7 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Very cute Abbey! Enjoy your tummy! I was telling someone about your cute blog and how you are so crafty you make people! She laughed and told me a cute one too. She's preggers too. She's got 4 little kids at home. Her hubby came home from work and took one look at the house (disastrous) and one look at her laying on the couch. He kindly said "so what have you been doing today" Of course pregger women know what that really means....she looked up at him at said "I made a lung"
Shut him right up!

Sandra@threepumpkinslittle.squarespace.com said...

Just found your blog & think it's so great. Congrats on no. 4--we have three so I'll be interested in hearing how going from 3 to 4 is :). Love these skirts--so summery!

Audra M said...

Just found you! LDS too! Yay! Your stuff looks awesome. I'm excited to check out more of your blog. Love that yarn you used a few posts down with the bunny. Congrats on #4. Just had my fifth this year. I enjoyed the later pregnancies more than the first. I miss feeling so 'special'. I love the above 'lung' comment. Wish I'd had that one! I am so plugging you on my blog! Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll hear from me again!

Shana said...

I'm a new sewer and I want to try the Little Birdie Secrets Skirt SO BADLY but I'm still afraid of my sewing machine

Lorraine said...

I was up till 2am last night making the makeitandloveit skirt. I wanted to be able to wear it to church today. I'm 37 weeks pregnant right now and I made the medium size. It is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to make more. I think I'm going to try the small next time. You will not be disappointed with this skirt. It's oh so cute and super comfortable. Thanks for sharing where to get the pattern. I love your blog!

Heather said...

I'm working on the same skirt! And I found it on Little Birdie Secrets too! I can't wait to finish it; I'm glad it was such a success for you.

Amanda said...

I'm totally 8 1/2 months pregnant and this skirt looks delicious...i might have to make one!!!