9/25/07

Festive Fall Colors

Fall is in the air and I'm barely coming to grips with that fact. I'm not quite ready to let go of summer.

Since my kitchen/dining area is the central gathering place, ('cause it's where the food is, baby!) Because of that fact, I always like my table to reflect the colors of every season - even if it's something simple. So for an EASY centerpiece, I've filled $1.00 dessert glasses with fake Fall-colored berries I found on the craft store discount rack last year. Just cut them apart, trim up the stems and arrange them according to color. (I was thrilled to discover the berries, lost in my basement, due to a cleaning emergency.) They look GREAT up on my table and now I can officially get into Fall!
You can find these cool dessert glasses or some like it at Wal-Mart or I just saw some great ones at Ikea that look like old-fashioned milkshake glasses.

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Those are soo pretty!

Christie said...

Hey there! I just found your blog through...well, I really don't remember (I've been blog surfing a bit tonight) but I love it! I'm from AZ too. The weather here has just changed and getting more fall-ish, so I am loving learning new ways to bring fall into the home.